<VV> Springs

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 23:16:22 EST 2020

While I'm on a roll, I might enquire why my rear springs have some sort
of clamps around them. They look a bit like exhaust hanger dougnhnuts,
but cut open to hook over the spring coils, and they seem to be a very
hard plastic material. I have two on each rear spring. I can't figure
out whether their function is as rebound stops (by stopping the spring
expanding too much) or bump stops (by acting as buffers between the
coils). It does look a bit low at the back (or maybe high at the
front?). I've never seen anything like this before.