<VV> Loose axle

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 09:53:55 EST 2020

Hugo, the wheel bearing allows angular movement since the suspension arm/bearing mount does not stay in alignment with the axle shaft as the suspension arm moves. As a result, when the tire is pushed upward (e.g. when the car is resting on the tires) the axle assembly can rotate about the wheel bearing which will push down the differential end of the axle. So I think when you rest the car on the ground it may push down at the differential end and make the slop disappear. Not sure how much force there would be at the differential end, but likely enough that you would not be able to push it with your hand.