<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 182, Issue 15

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 17:12:44 EST 2020

Yes, for sure the tires are causing the vibration - or most of it,
anyway. But they are not making my axle shaft wobble! The reason I
posted on here in the first place was simply to find out whether there
was a common cause for play to occur at the inner end of the axle shaft.
I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I wasn't pleading for somebody to
come & sort the problem out for me - I can do that for myself!
All I was trying to do is establish whether this was a known problem
with a known solution or not.
Now, it APPEARS that the problem has gone away, now that the car is
back on its feet. But certain people (I'm not being diplomatic - I can't
remember who it was!) have suggested that the problem is simply being
masked because there are now forces being transmitted from the tire to
the shaft, now that the weight of the car is on the tire. I am about to
get underneath with a lever and put this theory to the test. Just to set
myself up as an aunt Sally, I will say here and now that I am not
persuaded by this theory. But be assured that if I am wrong, I will come
back and admit it.