<VV> Rust particles on transaxle dipstick

Charlie Davies chasdavies at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 22:42:51 EDT 2020

Hi All,

As part of my springtime preventative maintenance on my 4 speed 64 Monza, I was checking the transaxle gear oil level. The dipstick was particularly difficult to remove. When it finally came out, there were rust particles covering the dipstick all the way up to the full mark. The gear oil looks very good aside from having rust particles blended in the mix. This is of obvious concern. Looking for advice/suggestions on how to rectify the situation. Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Regards,
Charlie