<VV> Van/Rampside Height Reqs for Enclosed Trailer

Rob Landers YS-114 at charter.net
Sat May 2 14:15:33 EDT 2020

Thanks Chuck, Hugo & Jim,

Agree about it can vary and lowering doesn't bother me.  I was asking for
"real world heights" as I would not be planning to haul something highly
modified but did want more input about what these vehicles tend to be riding
on in today's world.  I also meant to also add, the clearance at the ramp
door is obviously the minimum "static" height but need a interior height
that can also allow for suspension movement during travel.  I would be
inclined to believe 6" would be the minimum amount to allow once vehicle is
loaded.  Another way to limit if I don't have 6" is to tie down on the
uni-frame instead of letting the suspension move during transport.

It sounds like even with updated, modified modern tires/wheel combo's, it
would be difficult to imagine getting the height above 72".

Rob