<VV> To Much Oil Flow to Rockers

Michael Mauro mikeamauro at aol.com
Sat May 2 20:00:04 EDT 2020

To Much Oil Flow to Two (2) Right Rear Rocker Arms (#1 cylinder)...
Just did first engine-running rocker adjustment since total engine rebuild...oil literally pouring out two RR rockers. Backround: have high-volume oil pump; new lifters & cam; roller rockers. Anyone ever seen this condition? All I know is the lifters ultimately control the amount of oil to the rockers.
More Info: May not be both, just looks like it. For adjusting while running, I use valve covers with holes cut out right over the adjustment nut (rather than half-covers). Most of the oil is sloshing out the rear-most hole, while some, but much less, is coming out the more-forward, #1 cylinder rocker area. To be sure, thinking  I'll change both lifters... not a big job.