<VV> Front Spring Replacement

tony underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Thu May 28 10:49:24 EDT 2020

> On May 28, 2020 at 3:03 AM Hugo Miller via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:
>

> "Planishing" is the word. You wallop the eye with a hammer, holding a
> bigger hammer or lump of metal supporting it opposite the hammer blows.

I've done this for decades, with a smaller ball peen hammer, smack the side of the fitting vigorously.  I never needed a "buck" behind it.  The shock will loosen the conical fitting (or should, unless it's a LOT tougher than it oughta be).  I've done this with things like tie rod joints also.  If you do it right, they will simply just fall out.  Loosen the nut first... :)

tony..