<VV> Fw: Help: Speedo

Vintage Nick vintagenick at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 12 12:36:57 EDT 2020

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Vintage Nick <vintagenick at yahoo.com>To: virtualvairs-request at corvair.org <virtualvairs-request at corvair.org>Sent: Monday, September 7, 2020, 2:54:38 PM EDTSubject: Help: Speedo
 Happy Labor Day, everyone!
Another quick update: the '61 successfully passed state inspection after replacement of the front turn signal sockets. The car is running great, and we have done a few more items. But a new problem came up yesterday.
I took my wife out for a drive around the neighborhood in the afternoon. As we were driving, a squealing noise started coming up from the speedometer. As I rounded a corner near the house, the speedo stopped working altogether. There was no needle wobble prior; the needle stayed true and accurate. Yes, it has been a while since the cable was last lubricated.
Any thoughts? How do I determine if the problem lies in the speedo cable or perhaps the #2 worm that Clark's says is usually the culprit?
Thanks in advance!
Scott
1961 Corvair Monza 900 Coupe