<VV> Carb Jet Question

Matt patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 15:30:30 EDT 2021

See   https://www.trifive.com/threads/jet-size-for-the-rochester-4gc.129086/

Matt Nall
Sea Mountain
SW  Oregon Coast

Sent from Mail for Windows 666

Subject: <VV> Carb Jet Question

Re-sending. Must have gotten the text wrong:

I'm rebuilding a carb from a '55 Chevy 265 that a customer's mechanic said was running too rich. I found a lot of mistakes in it that I have corrected, and it has .045" primary jets and .047" secondary jets (which should be far from rich), and I have not had any luck finding what the stock configuration (except on a Holley 2 BBL, but this is a Rochester 4BBL) was or what would be optimal for today's fuel. If you are lucky enough to have one or experience with it, please drop me a private reply.
Thanks much,
Grant