<VV> Cam Timing Question

Juno Mail bmoneill at juno.com
Sat Jul 17 19:14:02 EDT 2021

Is the following a symptom of misalignment of the cam and crank gear's? The engine in question is hard to start.  It will start only when there is at least 20° of advance.  It will run only as long as I move the throttle to continually activate the accelerator pumps.  As soon as I stopped squirting the wrong gas into the carburetor throats the engine dies regardless of the throttle position.  Two different sets of carburetors have been used along with two different distributors and three different valve settings.  Is been verified that the distributor is not installed 180° out.  The only thing left to check is the cam to crank gear position.  Any comments are greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.