<VV> Starter keeps cranking

tony.. tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Jun 27 09:00:25 EDT 2021

On 6/26/2021 9:11 AM, Doug Mackintosh via VirtualVairs wrote:
> Yes, that is correct Frank. Regular factory setup. Still have the problem.

I know this is a long shot, but could the starter bushings be worn,
allowing the armature (along with the bendix drive) to shift enough to
bind up the bendix engagement fork and not allow the solenoid to
release?  There's not a lot else left to cause such an issue.

I had a starter do this once, swapped out the nose and it didn't do it
again.  Of course I could have inadvertently "fixed" something else
without my dumb ass knowing I'd done it, simply by taking it apart and
putting it back together.

I do that a lot when something won't work right and I don't know why...

tony..

--
https://www.avg.com