<VV> piston ring question answered

Randy (Cap'n) Hook judynrandy at comcast.net
Thu Mar 11 21:04:20 EST 2021

A while back I asked a question about the orientation of a certain piston ring.  Here's what I've learned so far:  It's unanimous - the two dots go up.  I also checked with Deves.  That was pretty much an exercise in futility.  The dude confirmed the two dots go up, but then turned around and said Deves never offered piston rings with dots on them!!!!!  Even though I have a packet of said rings in my possession!  He also said, all things considered, that I needn't worry about honing that one cylinder just for one ring.
Since my lubricant of choice is Amsoils' 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel and Marine Oil (AME) which I've used flawlessly for 40 years with absolutely fabulous results, "damn the torpedoes!!! Full speed ahead!!!"  What that means is that i'm going to go for it and just install the ring and go for it.  I mean, if it ran great with the broken ring, it can only get better!

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
'69 Monza 110/pg
'65 500 2dr  95/(soon to be) 4spd