<VV> Oil Pan Leak Fix Suggestion

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Fri Oct 8 16:07:54 EDT 2021

 Hi Bill,

Get out your straight edge.  I had a similar problem at the front of an oil pan where it spanned the block to bell housing joint.  One side of the bell housing gasket intruded just a bit below the joint and the other side was just a bit recessed.  I didn’t notice until I checked everything with a straight edge.  A bit of liquid gasket from a tube to fill the gap on one side and a very careful trim with a new razor blade of the excess on the other side solved the problem.
Bob Hall