<VV> bushing question

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Sep 26 23:12:31 EDT 2021

Update: Rather than mess with set screws, I now simply solder the bronze
bushings in with a propane torch. It's necessary to prep the tube by
grinding off rust and grease, and use plenty of flux, but I find it much
easier than drilling and tapping little holes in the tube. In my
opinion, the wall thickness of the tube is too thin for a strong
threaded hole.

Also, I've found a new source of bronze bushings.
Manufacturer: Hillman
Specification: 7/8" OD x 3/4" ID x 3/4" length

I buy them at my local ACE hardware store.

This is an Alan Lacki post from 2016 on corvaircenter.com/phorum

Solder, not brazing. Lower temperature, less warping.

Frank DuVal