<VV> A/C car idle question

tony.. tony.underwood at cox.net
Thu Apr 21 11:00:30 EDT 2022

On 4/21/2022 9:53 AM, Bryan Blackwell via VirtualVairs wrote:
> Given Bill's description of the system I would check carefully the vacuum lines, timing, and vacuum advance.  That's pretty terrible gas mileage for a Corvair, I'd suspect the vacuum advance is either disconnected, non-functional, or the base timing was set with the arm pulled in.

Yeah I'd also be looking at the timing, AND a re-evaluation of the
mileage estimates.   8-10 mpg would mean the engine would be so rich it
would be blubbering and blowing black smoke, and a sooty tailpipe.

Has a float setting gone south and a carb is dribbling fuel out of the
venturi cluster?

tony..

--
https://www.avg.com