<VV> 140 idle speed

David Heath dheath at vanceandhines.com
Sat Jan 29 18:21:38 EST 2022

Looking for some thoughts on idle speed for a '65 140.
Background: Working to get this back on the road and running well.  When I
bought the engine, it did not come with a carburetor linkage.  I installed
the Clarks carburetor rotator kit with a progressive linkage.  I have 4
primary carbs installed.
I have the engine running pretty well but the idle speed is high (1000 -
1200) when warm.  All of the throttle plates are fully closed.
I have checked for vacuum leaks but did not find any.
The carburetors have new shafts installed.

1) Is this idle speed what you would expect with 4 primary carburetors?
and therefore the only way to get the idle lower (like 600-700) would be to
change out two of the carburetors for two secondaries?
2) Can I install throttle plates from secondaries into two of the
carburetors?
3) I have the balance tube installed.  I have not checked to see if
plugging the hole leading to the crankcase vent would make a noticeable
difference in idle speed.  Thoughts?
4) Any other ideas?

thanks.
David Heath
Cypress, CA
'65 Coupe 140/4

--
*

* <https://vanceandhines.com/> <https://fuelpak.vanceandhines.com/>
<https://www.youtube.com/user/vanceandhines>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/vance-and-hines/>
<https://www.facebook.com/vanceandhines>
<https://twitter.com/vanceandhines>
<https://www.instagram.com/vanceandhines/>*

Disclaimer: The information
contained in this transmission, including any attachments, may contain
confidential information of Vance & Hines. This transmission is intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) listed above. Unauthorized review,
dissemination or other use of the information contained in this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error or have reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it,
please notify the sender by return email and promptly delete the
transmission.*