<VV> Seattle restoration?

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Mar 14 16:48:55 EDT 2022

On 3/13/2022 9:37 AM, Sandra Beretta via VirtualVairs wrote:
> Hello Corvair lovers. I inherited a 1965 Corvair convertible which has spent the past 15 years under a tarp in Seattle.?I want to restore it to driving condition in memory of my brother, but I'm hoping for recommendations. It needs an engine rebuild, and new top, but it is in pretty good shape.?Thanks in advance from a future Corvair club member.Sandy BerettaSent from my smartphone

Cool!

Recommendations will vary based on its condition and your resources and
desires.

Tell us about it, and the folks here can begin to offer suggestions.

Some of the factors will be:

- what would you like as an end result - decent driver, really nice
driver, show car?
- desired performance? - What engine/trans does it have, etc.
- what is the body like? Any rust? (and is the rust cosmetic or
structural?)

Pictures will be good also. Will you be turning the wrenches? Do you
have a good place for it where you can do the work and keep it
safe/protected?

Best regards

Jay

Jay Maechtlen