<VV> Late model heater plenum chamber.

WADE LANNING wblanning at comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 14:08:53 EST 2022

Jerry, I've taken them out, but it cannot be done in one piece. As I recall, I had to at least to remove the axle on the right side and maybe the exhaust pipe/muffler.  Disconnect the cable from the front.  Remove the fan and then remove the screws that hold the bottom of the case to the top half, and work the bottom half out.  Take out the top half by undoing the four nuts that hold it to the bottom of the car and work it out. It sounds complicated but it really isn't and was easier than removing the powertrain IMHO.

Also, if you just want to replace the internal flap, you can leave the top half in place.  Its a good time to blank off the fresh air connection that goes to the top engine shroud, aka turkey roaster, if you don't use the fresh air feature.

Wade Lanning