<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 222, Issue 15

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Mon Jul 31 22:47:39 EDT 2023

Agreed with Jim on this. Whether 3D printing the part in plastic works
depends on what it is, where it is, and the heat it is subjected to. I
also generally print PLA but can do ABS. Would have to work on nylon.

Either Jim or I or ?? would need a CAD file or stl file to do a test print.

It might be possible to use an actual good part or a 3D printed part to
make a mold and then pour a plastic that will cure up and be strong
enough for the task.

I'm currently working on printing molds for some rubber parts for mid
50s GM Suburbans that are unobtanium otherwise.

Mark N