<VV> Fuel gauge

Ed Thompson q53.832 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 13:07:00 EST 2023

I must be a lucky guy, Frank, I am told frequently that I, "must have a
screw loose," but the gas gauge in my Vair does not go to 1/4 when I turn
on the headlights. <<grin>>

Ed Thompson
Greenfield (Milwaukee) WI
'66 Monza sport sedan, 110-glide, LA-built, owned thirty-one years
<VV> Fuel gauge*Frank DuVal* corvairduval at cox.net
<virtualvairs%40corvair.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%3CVV%3E%20Fuel%20gauge&In-Reply-To=%3C81fb8a49-8ef2-b8be-c93e-ef7f4c259292%40cox.net%3E>
*Sun Mar 5 20:43:32 EST 2023*

   <http://www.vv.corvair.org/pipermail/virtualvairs/2023-March/146478.html>
   <http://www.vv.corvair.org/pipermail/virtualvairs/2023-March/146481.html>
   <http://www.vv.corvair.org/pipermail/virtualvairs/2023-March/date.html#146479>
    [ thread ]
   <http://www.vv.corvair.org/pipermail/virtualvairs/2023-March/thread.html#146479>
    [ subject ]
   <http://www.vv.corvair.org/pipermail/virtualvairs/2023-March/subject.html#146479>
    [ author ]
   <http://www.vv.corvair.org/pipermail/virtualvairs/2023-March/author.html#146479>

------------------------------

Check the instrument cluster ground, which is a strap from the
instrument cluster (along the backside of the plastic which is under the
aluminum panel) to one of the mounting screws at the bottom of the
aluminum panel.

It may be as simple as the screw is loose.

Frank DuVal

3/5/2023 6:39 PM, Steve Wasson via VirtualVairs wrote:

>* My ‘65 Monza’s fuel gauge drops to 1/4 level when I pull the headlight switch on. Lights work, bright and dim, engine runs fine, just the gauge issue. Any ideas?--
*>* Steve Wasson
*