<VV> Diff leak update 66 Saginaw

Mark Plucenik markplucenik at verizon.net
Tue Nov 14 18:45:30 EST 2023

Thanks for all the reply's and suggestions.  I got the drivetrain out again
today and separated the transaxle from the motor.  I inspected the
through-out bearing snout inside and out  for any  cracks or problems, all
looked good. I removed the input shaft, set it up in a lathe using the
drilled centers on both ends of the shaft. With a dial indicator I checked
the runout on the seal area and the piolet bearing end.  Numbers were .007
and .004 respectively. A second shaft I got from a club member measured a
little better,  .005 and .002. I have an early model shaft which I also
measured was around .004 and .002.  I don't know the specs for this but
these numbers all looked usable to me. I am interested in your opinions.

On the double seal idea,  I does look like it should work and still use the
special washer. The only drawback is the OD on the second seal will be a
loose fit. Still thinking about how I want to "tighten the gap" on the
second seal.

Thanks, Mark