<VV> Diff leak update 66 Saginaw

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Nov 15 19:56:13 EST 2023

Hi Mark,

Curiosity got the better of me, I did a little searching on shaft seal runout and found specs of .002" or less seems common these days for crank seals, so it seems that extra couple thou on yours may in fact matter.  Be aware also that the purpose of the split ring is to help center the shaft, if yours has a lot of wear that could also contribute to the problem. You didn't say, I'm guessing you also checked the pilot bushing, yes?  Final note is as I recall one is supposed to fill the transmission, then the diff.  The axle lube settles pretty slowly, so this should give an accurate fill.  Hopefully you get it sorted soon!

--Bryan