<VV> Steering Box Lube

paul paulm at tdl.com
Mon Nov 27 14:08:24 EST 2023

I have recently rebuilt the steering box on my 65.  I am now ready to
fill the box with a lubricant.  I have called Clark's and they indicated
that they use standard lithium chassis grease. This would seem, to me,
much too viscous although one or both of us may have misunderstood the
question or the answer.  I have checked the VV archive as well as the
Technical Guide and they are both silent.  I would appreciate a
suggestion as to what to put in the box.  Many thanks