[1969] (no subject)

Robert Shaw rashaw at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 23:24:31 EDT 2007

I have an ongoing powerglide transmission concern.  I
had the transmission overhauled before I coupled it to
a 140 engine and installed it in my 69'. It is garaged
so it often sits during our HOT Summer months in AZ
with no running for weeks on end. During that time the
torque converter apparently takes a dump onto the
floor of the garage. I initially tried to use AMSOIL
transmission fluid but it is expensive and it runs all
over the floor as well as regular transmission fluid.
It usually takes about 2+ quarts to refill the
transmission. I know other owners of 65+ Corvairs with
powerglides that do not do this nasty trick. Does
anyone have any ideas as to what is taking place and
how I can correct this consistent problem?

I also have a Sanden compressor ready to install on
the 69' that I installed a stock 65' A/C unit on. I
need information on one item.  I do not have the
copper pipe running through the interior and I need
advice on how to run a new A/C hose under the car and
where to enter the car to access the hookup under the
dash. Can anyone give me particulars on this
modification?