[1969] 40th Reunion

sarahvair at juno.com sarahvair at juno.com
Thu Aug 23 06:41:39 EDT 2007

Hey all,
Some of you may already know that the Jacksonville convention in 2009 was pushing for the 50th anniversary of the Corvair.  A heated debate went on during the annual Board meeting.  The argument was production versus actual years.  Ward B. and I decided to back down and let the issue drop, which sent us back to the drawing board.
I was a little down about it until I received a phone call during convention week from our wonderful President, Marvin Crook.  He said Sarah I know you lost the 50th, but they can't take away the fact it will be the 40th anniversary of the 69.  AH HA....so true...
So I got with our committee and we decided LET's GO FOR IT!!!  So Jacksonville will be happy to host the 40th reunion of the 69 at the convention in 2009.  So for those of you procrastinating about redoing your cars, you have just under 2 years to get the project finished.
Although the Jacksonville logo will still be that of an early in "Old Florida", I'm sure we can work something out with the 69 side of things.  This will be your reunion, so start sending some ideas in as to what you would like to see and do during the week.  Our hope is to get as many 69's there as possible.
Sarah