[1969] 1969 Corvair Group Comments

par429 at aol.com par429 at aol.com
Sat Oct 27 13:14:05 EDT 2007

Hi-

  I wanted to send a couple comments.  First, the last issue of The Sixty-Niner was really great, keep up the good work.  The ’69 500s on the front set me drooling.  I am currently restoring #3153, also a 500.  I’m trying for a relatively stock restoration, and I would dearly love an hour with a camera and access to these cars to document a low mileage 500, to get a handle on fit, finish, part colors, etc.  Toward that end, are we as a group making any effort to document these low mileage cars to create a “Stock is” type document?  Should we?  Maybe we can team up with the Stock Corvair group.  It seems like there are more low mileage 69s around than any other year.  Any thoughts?

      I don’t know if you have any use for pictures, but I attached a couple of my cars.  My Monza coupe (#1692) still looks pretty good.  I’ve attached a couple pictures of it at the Rockville Antique and Classic Car Show in Rockville, MD on Oct 20 2007.   Since Group Corvair is one of the sponsoring clubs for this event (I’m the current President of Group Corvair) we get a great spot on the field, and get lots of people round our cars.  I also enclosed a picture of my 500 coupe (#3153) currently in the garage.  I’m working on it pretty steadily, but don’t have a real schedule for completion.

   I really like the direction the 1969 Corvair Group, thanks for all your effort.

Phil Richardson

Port Republic, MD