[1969] Liven up

Chris Mann cfmann at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 19:38:54 EDT 2007

Just to get some dialog rolling on this list, I want to pose some questions about #6000.

I know that for decades the mystery of #6000 has always been mysterious under-taking. And it all to provides for more talk amongst Corvair owners. I read time and time again that it was crushed. And that presumption is predicated on what was "normal" practice around GM in the early 70's etc. If we all were to assume that it still exists, how could we get to the bottom of it, really?

If I was to pretend to be an private investigator type-dude, are there still guys living that call remember what it was like around the "Corvair Room"? in May June and July of 1969? Or can we contact or newfound friends at the GM Heritage Center (2007 convention realtions) to disclose more about what they have from their records? Why would GM hide the bloody thing for all these years if the truly had it anyway? Or if it went to an executive, maybe its stuffed in a garage somewhere in Michigan? Wouldn't that be great!?
How many GM executives would have been interested in it in the first place.
Are there documents of correspondence with Harrah about what they (GM) would have done with it?

I know this is all a tall tale, but I have hope that the thing still exists?
Maybe we should all chip in and built a replica of 6000?

You know this all for fun, just to get some of us to write and keep the board active. Now where is my book on Loch Ness and Big Foot?

Funny, great name for vanity license plates, LOCHNES, of course it would have be #59 Green Monza :)