[1969] ebay item 290244803885

cfm 69monza at avenuedesigngroup.com
Sun Jul 13 14:19:06 EDT 2008

Under parts for corvairs on ebay there is a red 69 with a black interior for
sale, this is the same one I mentioned yesterday. It is in Hiawatha, KS
about 40 minutes from St. Joseph and hour and a half from Omaha and and hour
from Kansas city, pretty much in the middle of no-where.

I spoke with the guy, scott, today, who is listing it.

Here is his report on this car:

.        Car has been in dry storage for 20 + years, was part of an estate,
the elderly person was placed in a home and the assets liquidated, the car
has no title, no keys

.        The engine is not original to the car the code based on what I know
about originality, the oil filter is vertical from what the seller states.

.        Engine stamped T0215RH (a 110 by junkyard primer, likely 65-67,
head numbers will only verify actual year) and is powerglide. Engine is
worth the opening  bid just for the fact that 110's are popular with the
aircraft hobbyists.

.        Seller states no radio is out, no foam padding around it either

.        Seller states dash pad in good condition, no rips or tears or dry
rot.

.        Body tag numbers st 69 10537 wrn 144795 bdy, second line tr 701
52-52 pnt, third line 10b  a

o   So garnet red, black interior, monza, October second week, on the am
shift

.        Instrument cluster good to ok after some cleaning

.        I did not ask mileage, i don't think it matters

It sounds like the interior is in Ok shape, other than the driver's seat, I
mean the plastic backs to the front seats are good I imagine, lots of  good
little interior parts, even armrests. Someone mentioned on me on this list
that they were looking for door armrests at one time, I am sure others are
actively pursuing parts too..

I need the base of the rear seat and the steering assembly including
steering wheel, but minus the steering box, the rear cowl and grill and the
engine lid.  Is anyone else interested in other parts? I can pay for someone
to pick parts or whatever..

I think it rather silly for me to drive 10 hours one way to part it out and
drive back. Is there anyone else here looking for other pieces? Is there
anyone willing to save her that is closer to it than I? I am finding it
increasing difficult to find 69 parts cars, and this is really the only
reasonably priced car in the last 12 months that I have been able to locate.

It could be 6000?, you never know. LOL (laughing out loud).

Am I sounding desperate enough?