[1969] Original tires

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Jul 13 14:25:46 EDT 2008

Hi,

Duanne is working with Coker on reproducing original-type bias-ply tires for
1966-9 Corvairs, for those folks who want to have totally-stock cars. We
realize that bias ply tires are not great for driving. We're talking about
tires for factory-stock show cars.

In any case, Duanne has made a lot of progress with Coker. Coker has secured
original drawings for the Firestone tire that Chevy used and Duanne even
found an original Firestone tire (spare) from a Corvair!

However, the number-one supplier volume-wise was Uniroyal. So, we'd like
send detailed info on the Uniroyal tire to Coker. Can any of you help? The
ideal would be to loan Coker an actual original tire that has no wear, or
very little wear. Second choice would be numerous high-resolution photos.

Please include Duanne on your replies. He is on the Cc: line.

Thanks,

--Kent