[1969] body rail VIN location

cfm 69monza at avenuedesigngroup.com
Mon Jul 28 15:30:23 EDT 2008

Mark:

Hey thanks, and again kudos for another great newsletter! Awesome as usual.

In a separate email, you stated, "The VIN is also stamped in the right front
wheel well on the lower body rail.   It's often a bit hard to find, but can
be more specific if we have to locate it to the get the actual VIN." ---
Mark E

That is interesting and I've learned yet again, something new about 69's! So
naturally I went looking for mine right away and was not so successful. Is
there a more specific spot on the lower body rail? Like is it forward or aft
of the front cross member? And/or is it on the vertical face of the frame
rail or on the bottom? is it outboard or inboard on the rail? And last, is
it the whole VIN number or just a partial?

chris mann

#0242 convertible 110|pg : 71|blk (now for sale, while supplies last)

#1657 coupe 140|4 : 59|grn