[1969] body rail VIN location

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 28 16:51:28 EDT 2008

The "secret serial number" (as it is so frequently called) is found on the
frame rail UNDER the front crossmember. It's stamped on both the outboard
vertical and lower horizontal surface (yes, TWO times) and is only the last
half of the serial number. The vertical one can sometimes be seen without
removing the crossmember, but the one on the horizontal surface requires
crossmember removal.

-Mark C.

So