[1969] Pennies From Heaven

Eve Ellis eemumkat at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 11 15:59:50 EST 2008

Folks,  Thanks to everyone for your kind messages and condolences - they are appreciated so very much.  I thought you would all feel better if you knew what happened as we were leaving the hospital yesterday.  Mark left this world as quietly and peacefully as he had lived in it.  The time we spent with him was bittersweet, with both tears and laughter from many happy memories.  My sister and I always pick up pennies because our late mother always did too, each time saying 'thank you, Lord'.  So now we pick them up also and say hi, mom!  As we were leaving the lobby, my brother-in-law picked up a penny and my friend from Texas said that she thought this one was meant for me.  We asked him what year is it?  He said "oh, man! I've got goosebumps!"  The penny was a 1969!!  Think about it - what are the odds of finding an almost 40 year old penny at that exact moment!?  I think Mark was saying I'm going to miss all of you, but I'm fine now!  Funeral arrangements are still being finalized.  We'll let you know as soon as they are.   Eve Ellis