[1969] Ellis Newsletter

sarahvair at juno.com sarahvair at juno.com
Tue Nov 17 08:00:56 EST 2009

All,
I want to comment on what David R. has posted below.
As for the unfinished newsletter..I personally tried to make this happen back early on with Eve.  I'm not sure why the newsletter hasn't gone out.  I can tell you it has NOTHING to do with lack of money.  I can also tell you it hasn't been for lack of trying on the part of the officers.  I do know that Wade Lanning spent MANY months trying to get this done and got very frustrated.
At this point..no one needs to send donations.  We have the money.  If you insist on sending them then follow the proper channels and send them to the treasurer, Ed Thompson.  Ed will provide an address to send the check to.  When the newsletter arrives at the printer, Ed should be contacted with the price for printing and then he will pay the printer direct.  Once we know how many newsletters are going out, the 69 club will also provide the stamps.
As for the comments regarding we the officers haven't been in touch with Eve, here is what I can tell you.  Eve sent me an email asking for information regarding which 69's were in Jacksonville.  I sat down and sent her the information.  About 2 months later I get a scolding email from someone who will remain nameless that I did not respond to Eve and for that matter no one was responding to Eve and we should be ashamed of ourselves.
Eve's phone had been disconnected when I tried to call.  So I resent the email to both emails AGAIN and still no response Eve.  Again I was sent another email saying how dare I not do a simple request and please in honor of Mark do it.  So I sent the email for a 3rd time...still no response and still hearing I haven't sent it.
Sarah