[1969] leaks from side air vents=New Floorboards

Dimetri Dimoff dimetridimoff at live.com
Mon Aug 9 14:19:56 EDT 2010

The rain water from the roof and front windshield  passes through the ventilator grille and travels off the car through side drains (trough) to the lower fender section onto  roadway below.  These drain lines are next to air vent channels to ventilate the interior of the car.  The water is not properly draining and is flowing into the air channels and on to the floorboards .  This must be stopped!   I am installing a new floor and want to prevent this flow of water.  This problem does not appear unique to just my car.   Corvair Restoration Guide books identify this problem however do not provide a solution except “repair by the fiberglass method”.  What is the “Fiberglass Solution”?  I am looking for help to stop this water flow.  I live in Vancouver Canada, a rain forest environment .  Has any members remedied this problem and is willing to share their solutions?  Thanks, dimetridimoff at live.com