[1969] How can we get this re-started?

Dave Leonard dave at arborlea.com
Thu Nov 11 21:21:03 EST 2010

I also knew Mark, more of a passing acquaintance honestly, from his
Pennsylvania days, his time living outside of New Hope, and via  some mutual
friends.  Many years ago I bought the remains of his '64 Spyder, stored in
his Dad's garage if I recall correctly.  I was impressed with the hundreds
of carefully marked plastic bags holding every last nut and bolt.  I still
come across them in my barn, and just recently moved his old Spyder engine -
yet again.  It seems a large part of the Corvair experience is moving parts
around J

I would very much like to see the '69 chapter stay alive, but it certainly
is not looking good.  I have to believe we could rustle up enough interest
to get it fired-up again if we could reach all the current/previous members.
What could I do to help?

It would seem an article with pictures of the recent Mecum '69s sale would
be interesting.  Was anyone there at the auction and able to get any better
pictures of the two low-mileage '69s or know who bought them?

-Dave

'64 Spyder Convert (2nd car)

'65 Corsa Turbo Convert

'66 Corsa Turbo Coupe (1st car)