[1969] Denver - The 2011 Convention

Steven steven at sashimi.org
Mon Feb 21 21:50:46 EST 2011

With more snow in the forecast, I'm trying to think warmer thoughts.  We still need to get a handle on how many 1969 Group members are planning to attend the CORSA national convention this year in Denver.  As it stands, we don't have anything planned and no one has volunteered to organize a 1969 Group meeting at the convention.

I have heard from about 10 members who plan to be there but if we're going to have a 1969 Group meeting we need volunteers to organize it.  We also need ideas.  For those of you planning to attend, what are your expectations for a Group meeting?  We'd like to hear from you.

We've gotten a lot accomplished so far this year and there's plenty more to come.  The member roster is coming soon and work is underway on the next newsletter.  Still, it would be nice to have at least a small gathering in Denver but if no one steps up, we may have to skip this year and look forward to the 2012 convention in Sturbridge, MA.

If you are interested in planning and organizing the Group meeting please let me know.  If you are willing to help out in any way, please let me know.  Even if you don't think you can help out at this time, please let me know if you plan to attend.

Regards,
Steve Brown
President, The 1969 Corvair Group
CORSA SIG 007