[1969] '69 500 5649 with Cloth Interior: Does anyone know where 5659 is?

David Newell chevrobilia at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 17:05:25 EST 2015

Hi,
I've known Joe for many years and I'm the one who got him to speak at the Jacksonville convention in 2009. I'll call him and see if he remembers anything about this issue.

But I'm not thinking that Fisher ran out of 500 upholstery -- just that they may have run out of Green 500 vinyl.

BTW I just spoke with John Wilson in Texas, the owner of 5659 (the latest 69 500 we know of  with Green upholstery). John bought the car in 1980 with 28K miles and had it reupholstered then because the upholstery was shot. He still has the car (now with 32K) but doesn't recall if the material was cloth or all vinyl. He's going to look for pictures of the car when he bought it and confer with his son.

Bottom line is that we need to find another 500 after 5649 with a green interior.

Dave