Fwd: <CORSA Chapters> Club policy about CORSA

Charley Biddle 75771.44 at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 30 10:06:36 EST 2005

Barry,

I've been involved with Chicagoland Corvair Enthusiasts for about 33
years.  I have served on our board of directors numerous times, in
several different positions.  Currently, I edit the club
newsletter.  CORSA was formed in part with help and encourgement of
one of our members, back in the early 70's.  I watched it happen.  I
heard the arguments.  CORSA continues today thru the hard work and
effort of several of our current members.  We have about 180 members,
of which about 50 or so show up at the monthly meetings.

We don't have a policy that requires CORSA membership.

Over the years, this has been exhaustively discussed, and we have
decided it is not worth losing good local members over a policy of
enforcing 100 percent CORSA membership for our local chapter.  We
strongly encourage CORSA membership, and occasionally run CORSA
membership forms in our newsletter.  We have monthly CORSA reports at
our meetings, presented by one of those CORSA-managing
members.  CORSA charges an extra yearly insurance premium for
chapters who are not 100 percent CORSA membership.  We just schedule
this fee into our yearly budget, and pay it when it comes due.

The vast majority of our members have joined CORSA on their own
without a local chapter enforcement policy.

We still have several very active and enthusiastic members who
absolutely refuse to join CORSA, unless it is a year in which we put
on a convention, and then, only under protest.

The decision your chapter needs to decide is, how many members are
you willing to lose over a 100 percent CORSA membership policy?

Charley Biddle