<CORSA Chapters> Corsa Chapter web statistics

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Sun Apr 29 21:21:32 EDT 2007

Did you read Ned Madsen's email to the chapter List? The good news is that
82 chapters have a web presence. The bad, that is only 67% . Where are the
rest? The other bad news is that many of the sites that are listed on the
CORSA site are no longer active or have not been updated recently.

My web site for Prairie Capital Corvair is in need of an uplift, I first
created it in 1997. It has been updated, with new pictures and regularly
with the clubs activity page, but the design is so "last century" <grin>

Do we need to solicit from the on-line world help for the chapters? I know
there are lots of amateur and professional web builders out there in the
Corvair world. Many would be happy to help; More if they had time.

I know time is the key factor. With a non chapter person doing the web
pages, the newsletter editor or some other editor needs to be able to
preview, at least initially. This would get the pages that the chapter would
like to represent them, and two gain some trust in the actual web master.

Remember - CORSA offers space for the web site. That is a non cost item, and
it will not move. A web master or two may be specified.

Also, CORSA web site now has a log in function. Chapter representative will
be able to update contact information and web site url without contacting
Harry. Of course, Harry will help change that information if you send him an
email.

The web site is a great place to make your club visible to prospective new
members.

tim mahler

president CORSA/CPF