<CORSA Chapters> Corsa Chapter web statistics

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Apr 30 15:27:57 EDT 2007

Hi Tim,

A couple of comments, if I may:

On Apr 29, 2007, at 9:21 PM, tim mahler wrote:

> My web site for Prairie Capital Corvair is in need of an uplift, I
> first created it in 1997. It has been updated, with new pictures
> and regularly with the clubs activity page, but the design is so
> "last century" <grin>

A simple web site that is kept up to date is *far* better than one
that looked really cool at some point in time, but requires special
software or considerable time to maintain.  Andy Brown was kind
enough to whip up a simple set of templates that can be modified in a
simple editor, you can grab a copy at http://www.corvair.org/
chapters/ if you want to take a look.

> Do we need to solicit from the on-line world help for the chapters?
> I know there are lots of amateur and professional web builders out
> there in the Corvair world. Many would be happy to help; More if
> they had time.

Andy can build you a site if you like similar to the templated one,
his address is also on the general chapters page.  There are also a
number of references on that page - not to mention a gazillion books
on the subject.  HTML is really pretty straightforward, and you
*don't* need any special software just to get going.

> I know time is the key factor. With a non chapter person doing the
> web pages, the newsletter editor or some other editor needs to be
> able to preview, at least initially. This would get the pages that
> the chapter would like to represent them, and two gain some trust
> in the actual web master.
>
> Remember - CORSA offers space for the web site. That is a non cost
> item, and it will not move. A web master or two may be specified.

BTW, if your chapter's site needs updating and the person who was
doing it is now gone, you can have a club rep that's in your chapter
report request that the ID be moved to a new webmaster.  Your
chapter's files will still be there, just owned by the new user.

--Bryan