<CORSA Chapters> Sharing Chapter Members

flat6vair at insightbb.com flat6vair at insightbb.com
Tue Jan 2 08:57:02 EST 2007

The key behind any membership dues is covering the basic variable costs -- for most of us, that is the newsletter.

my local chapter membership fees today are $18 family (2 voting members) and $15 single.
Many of our members are also members of SMCC (st louis).

The membership fee, today, covers most expenses -- I think the bank balance, year to year, has remained steady.  a 50/50 raffle is held to pay for the meeting room ($20,  community hall).   Print the newsletter on 8.5x11 paper on a laser printer. Costs about 35 cents per printed copy,  plus 39cents for mailing.  10 members receive the newsletter via pdf.  the pdf file is saved in color -- incentive to get the electronic copy.  total newsletter expense is in the $400-500 range i think.  about 50 printed copies each month.

I like the Corsa discount idea too.  It was raised at the mtg in Buffalo, if memory serves me right.

When we did a big event,  we charged every one equally.  the spring show and picnic is about getting together and meeting possible new members -- so typcially no registration fees.

tim mahler
CORSA president
local PCCA newsletter editor