<CORSA Chapters> Sharing Chapter Members

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Wed Jan 3 10:13:50 EST 2007

This may be of interest to some regarding the use of the e-mail newsletter.
The Niagara Frontier Corvair Club started doing this 3-4 years ago and we
have about 60% of our members receiving their newsletter this way.
I tried getting this going with the western NY MOPAR club of which I am a
member. Out of over 200 members, only about 30 receive their newsletters
this way. Even with the inclusion of color pictures, and bonuses like our
local car show calendar of events, that mail members do not receive. The
majority of the members will not respond, and some actually get PO'd when
they find out some members get color pictures, or additional materials
because they receive it via e-mail.
Back when I was a member, and newsletter editor of the Buffalo Thunderbird
club, I started doing an e-mail newsletter, not bad, 22 out of 50 members.
But at least 2 members quit due to the fact they were mad that some people
received the benefits denied to members without computers. One particularly
irate guy was mad he could not submit a picture of his car electronically
(digital photo) because he did not have a computer. He wanted me to drive
about 30 miles to take a picture.

A few years ago I brought up the subject at a Corvanatics meeting and was
met with a very bad response. Since then though, Corvanatics has gone to an
available electronic newsletter, which seems to work out rather well.

Gary Swiatowy
NFCC newsletter editor