<CORSA Chapters> CORSA Board elections

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Wed Jan 31 18:39:37 EST 2007

The past 2-3 postings I made to the chapter list has been about members.
This month,  I want to ask all current and former chapter leaders if they
have considered serving on the CORSA board.  Most CORSA directors started as
chapter officers,  the leaders of the club.  And as leaders of the local
chapters,  you have an idea of what the members are looking for in the
national club.  It is a natural progression.   It does take some time,
mostly email,  and attending the national convention.  If you think you
might be interested,  let me know, or another board member could tell you
about the duties and responsibilities required.  Just remember, by March 1,
anyone interested in serving on the CORSA board should have sent their
nomination request to Sarah Betrami at sarahvair at juno.com.  It doesn't take
much to be nominated. Just send a brief bio, your name,  what region you are
reside, a picture, and if you want, some brief reasons why you want to serve
on the board.

On another note,  The CORSA board is expected to hear presentations for the
2010 CORSA Convention.  2010 is scheduled to be held somewhere in the
Central division.  If your chapter is interested,  please contact Larry
Claypool soon.   It takes time to prepare the presentation (Hotel location,
basic description of the site, parking autocross etc), and time is running
short.  Some chapters have expressed interest, but I do not know if any have
confirmed with Larry that their chapter is definitely interested.  That's
Larry's arena.   Questions should be directed to Larry,  or Harry Jensen.
Believe it or not,  it is not too early to be thinking about 2011 (West) and
2012 (East). I know my local visitor and tourist bureau would love for me to
have them help with a convention,  but my local chapter is quite small.

tim mahler
CORSA president