<CORSA Chapters> Corvair at meetings

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 2 01:45:42 EDT 2007

Hello Ned and all:  Luckily it was a nice weather night although the
Corvairs in the
parking lot didn't reflect that.  As others have posted, the entertainment
quality is
sometimes a deciding factor too.  I went through the faces as I remember
them
tonight I count about 28 so I may have been hasty with my first guess. We
have members in Ft Collins (60 miles away) and C/Springs (70 miles away).
Tonight Dennis Pleau from C/Springs drove up, a couple from Boulder and
a couple plus one from Erie.  In Denver it isn't the distance that matters,
it is
the amount of dummies clogging the highways at 1800hrs on a Friday night.
Erie and Boulder is an hours drive or more depending on how many additional
dummies are clogging the roads.  It sometimes takes me 30 minutes and I
live about 10 miles away.

Also RMC runs a door prize drawing and a 50/50.  Tonight the 50/50 had
$65 so $32.50 went to the lucky one and the other half goes to the club.
Dennis needed the money he won to put gas in his car for the drive back
to the Springs.

Steve