<CORSA Chapters> Corvair at meetings

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 2 18:39:44 EDT 2007

Hello Dennis:  I wasn't taking issue with the fact you drove a brand X.  In
fact your reasoning is exactly why fewer Corvairs are being driven in my
opinion.  It is probably a 'given' that a newer car will be more reliable
than
an older one and no one likes to be stranded on the road and even less if
you have to call the wife for help.  One of the new members in PPCC has
a very nice looking Corvair and so far has balked at driving it further than
the city limits because he is doubtful of the reliability.  I don't think
much
about taking long drives in my cars but I have owned all of mine for years
and at least know about the past history.  It will cross my mind
occasionally
(usually in the middle of the night as I am flying along well over the speed
limit and three states from home) that if something bad happened it would
probably be a disaster.  I just pick the speed up a little more, the extra
noise drowns out anything I might be hearing.GGGGGGG

At least you won gas money huh!!!

Best, Steve