<CORSA Chapters> Corvair at meetings

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Thu May 31 23:37:03 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/31/2007 10:18:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net writes:

I do  like Neds' idea of featuring a different Corvair
model at the
meeting  each month, a very novel idea.

As much as I'd like to take the credit, or in this case, steal it, that was
Terry Kalp's idea. Since he has so many nice Corvairs, I think he just selects
 the type of car that's easiest to get out of the shop.

Now that I've heard some of your ideas to get the Corvairs out, I'll tell
you what we do...

First our meetings are at a community center with a large parking lot. At
our meeting time, we are essentially the only one's there (there's a square
dance group too). This removes any concerns about getting door dings since you
know the owner of the Corvair next to you.
Second, we have a competition between earlies and lates. The winning
generation gets credit in our newsletter. What could be better than a good,  friendly
early versus late battle?
I already mentioned our latest, Featured Corvair of the Month. Terry takes
lots of pictures and does a good job witting up each car and owner.

After reading about the Corvair turnout at some clubs, I guess I should be
happy with our 15, but I'm not. I know there are more out there.

Ned