<CORSA Chapters> Detroit Convention Awards

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 12 18:31:37 EST 2007

Hi Ken, Communication,  Communication, Communication. I can't believe
that for over two months folks have been asking about the convention
trophies and you now tell us of the vendor problems. There have been
severe droughts in the southeast, southwest and
Florida so we would never dream that you or your vendors would have
water problems, This has been discussed many times on
Virtual Vairs but  Pete Cimbala, Clark Hartzel and Ken Hand never
once mentioned the flood problem. None of us would have even
brought up the delay in receiving trophies if someone had enlightened
the VV list.
      When I brought up the mailing expenses that you and CORSA were
forced to bear, I did NOT mean that award winners who
were present at the banquet OR whose awards were in error to begin
with should be charged for shipping but I DID mean for
any others to bear shipping expenses. In my personal situation, I had
all three awards to take with me but my name had been
misspelled on the two engraving plates that were ready and one was
not yet ready. In this case the shipping charges are minimal
since the plates are light, small and can be shipped by letter rate
1st class USPS. Those type errors are going to happen at every
convention ( I am still waiting for a corrected plate from
Buffalo......2nd correction is being made ) and shipping is no major concern.

Chuck Armer

At 06:57 AM 11/12/2007, you wrote:
> > I have a question about the awards at the Detroit convention...
> > Has everyone received their "plaques" that go on the awards (if you
> >got a "trophy")??
>The Detroit Area Corvair Club offers it's most humble apology.
>
>Probably most of you have heard of the severe weather and flooding
>that occurred following the Convention.  Some of you were victims of
>the flooding as was our supplier of both merchandise and trophies.
>They were heavily flooded and lost much merchandise and also
>suffered severe damage to their production machinery.
>
>They have been repairing equipment, replacing merchandise, and
>distributing items as they are able.  To date more that 90% of the
>merchandise and many of the trophies have been shipped.  There are
>still some items on back order and they will be sent as soon as we
>receive them from the supplier.
>
>The DACC thanks you for you patience.
>
>Ken Pepke
>President