<CORSA Chapters> CORSA issues

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Sat Dec 27 10:19:53 EST 2008

I want to thank everyone who has responded to date.  I suspect the holidays
have limited the responses some.  Must admit,  my timing wasn't exactly
perfect,  but I  knew I needed feedback, and the chapters list is the sanest
place for me to get it.

Like Gary,  I thought about the dues increase like a tax increase.  My
economics training also says higher dues equals lower members.  At the same
time,  members want the services, mainly the Communique,  as good if not
better than it is today.  That's were the 20, 28 (numbered) page idea came
from -- maintain number of pages, while reducing costs.   Harry and Mike are
vigilent about maintaining quality at the lowest cost,  i think it was 2005
when CORSA changed printers that saved dollars and improved quality.

The last big money crisis was the mid nineties, as Steve indicated.  A
similar dollar increase ($8) was implemented mid year 1997. Membership did
not decrease after that dues increase.  but overall,  membership has been
declining -- now at about 100 members a year.

Wish outside advertisers were readily available like for other marques,  we
would need to adjust our rates (upward) to earn more dollars as now,  the
rates are set to offset expenses and it takes aways from Corvair content.  .

Back to the sidelines for a few days.
tim mahler