<CORSA Chapters> Another Q or two

sarahvair at juno.com sarahvair at juno.com
Mon Dec 29 06:48:15 EST 2008

Hey,
Gary is absolutely right about shopping around for rates.  The 2009 Convention has been doing that.  Clark's has donated 2K for our awards.  Thanks to the West Florida Club, they are doing the awards.  They will also be hand assembling them as well.
I have tried for years to get convention committees to look at a company the Daytona Convention used in 2000.  www.smithwood.com It is so easy to get the blank awards and make them yourselves.  The same awards that would cost you $25 - $30 from an award shop will cost you less then $10 to do yourself.
I also have worked with Daytona Trophy for years for our dash plaques.  The owner of the company is President of Daytona Beach Street Rods.  He has fond memories of attending his Jr. Prom in a Corvair.  So I asked him if he would be interested in donating the dash plaques for the '09 convention.  He simply asked how many I needed and they were done in less then 10 days.  So we saved over $700 on convention expenses by simply asking.
We are also working with other companies for product and or money.
Sarah