<CORSA Chapters> Membership renewals/ Poll

Steve Goodman rearengine.steve at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 8 22:15:03 EST 2008

Hello Ned:  RMC (Denver) has had the requirement of mandatory CORSA
membership for many years, the first time the insurance issue was brought
up.

The way RMC does it is not necessarily what other clubs follow.  RMC
either accepts the payment for dues for both local and national together
to the treasurer, then the money is split up.  OR in the case of some of
us who belong to more than one chapter we are left on the 'honor' system
but a check of Harry's records will reveal any non-payments.

At issue here is who is carried on the membership roles when Harry sends
out the questionaire for the chapter report.  We have had times where a
member is shown on our roster (because it wasn't removed when they
moved etc) and not shown to be a CORSA member by Harry.  When
that time comes then RMC is NOT shown as 100% which drives us
nuts because we (RMC) prides ourselves in being a 100% supporter.

If you leave each person to their own, a few will conveniently forget to
send their dues to national and the result is the same; not 100%.  It is
a frustrating catch 22.

Best, Steve